JEE Main 2017 Application Form, Exam Date, Eligibility-Joint Entrance Exam also known as JEE is going to be conducted this year on 2nd April 2017.This date has been announced on the Official Website of Joint Entrance Exam (JEE).Application form will be released either in the 4th week of November or in the 1st week of December 2016 .The Exam procedure will be in two mode (offline and online).All those Candidates who will qualify the Exam will be eligible to take admission in NITs , IITs , CFTIs .Candidates can also check the criteria , application process , participating institutes , important dates , syllabus , exam pattern , and much more information about JEE Main 2017 from this page article which is given below.
Latest –JEE Main 2017 offline paper to be held on 2nd April 2017
Exam Name : Joint Entrance Examination (JEE Main 2017)
Conducted by : JEE Apex Body .The Exam will be conducted by CBSE
About JEE Main 2017 : Admission of the undergraduate Engineering Programs at NITs, CFTIs , State funded Institutes and other participating Institutes will be though the JEE Main 2017 Ranks .All the Candidates who will qualify the JEE Advanced 2017 will be able to appear for the same for IITs Admission.
JEE Main 2017 Salient Features:
- There is online Application Form ,Candidates no need to send any document to the CBSE office .Candidates can do registration procedure for JJE Main 2017 online only by uploading his/her photograph ,signature and other required documents.
- There are total three attempts.
- There is both online and offline facility for Exam. Candidates are supposed to fill their preference while filling the JEE Main 2017 Application Form.
- Two medium Hindi and English has been offered, Candidates who are appearing for the Daman & Diu and Dadra and Nagar Haveli Centre can opt for Gujarati , Hindi and English.
- Candidates who are opting for “Computer Based Exam” must select one city and Candidates who are opting for offline Exam must select four centre cities.
- Admit Card for JEE Main 2017 is available online only for download .Candidates should surely take print out of the Admit Card.
- Use of mobile phone, calculator etc are not allowed in the Examination.
- The Result will be announced online and all the Candidates who have applied for JEE Main 2017 can check their marks and All India Rank Obtained by them. Candidates have to log in to check their Result.
- Counseling for participating institutes will be by JOSAA 2017.JEE Main 2017 Participating Institutes : To apply for the JEE Advanced 2017 entrance test for admission to the IITs , candidates must qualify in JEE Main 2017 and obtain a score equal or more than the specified Cutoff .The NITs ,centrally funded or state funded or other participating institutes offer Admission on the basis of the JEE Main 2017 Rank. Candidates can see the list of Participating Institutes by clicking on the available link above.
JEE Main 2017 Eligibility Criteria: Candidates should have academic qualifications prescribed by the authorities .Before applying for the JEE Main Exam 2017 ,Candidates should ensure that they have given Eligibility Criteria before applying for JEE Main Examination.
|Academic and Subjects||Must have passed 10+2 with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology/ Technical Vocational subject. B,Arch applicants must have studied Mathematics as a compulsory subject along with 50% marks in total including five Subjects|
|Pass Percentage Required||Must have obtained at least 45% marks (40% in case of reserved candidates)|
|Age Limit||Candidates born on or after October 1, 1992 are eligible to apply provided their SSC certificate shows the same. SC/ST and PwD candidates must be born on or after October 1, 1987.|
|Year of Passing||Candidates must have passed their Class 12th Exam or any equivalent qualifying examination in 2015 or 2016. Candidates who are appearing in their Class 12th Exam or any equivalent qualifying examination in 2017 are also eligible provided their result is declared before June 15, 2017.|
|No of Subjects||Candidates must have studied and passed at least five subjects in their class 12th / qualifying examination in order to be eligible|
JEE Main 2017 Important Dates: Candidates should keep all the Important deadlines like- Application dates , Exam Schedule , Result , Answer key etc .Important dates regarding Exam has been mentioned below ,Candidates can check the Important dates .The given dates are based on last year’s data .They will be updated as soon as they are available for the Candidates.
|1||Availability of Application Form||December 2016|
|2||Last Date for Application Form||December 2016|
|3||Download of Admit Card||March 2nd Week, 2017|
|4||Offline JEE Main 2017 Exam||April 02, 2017|
|5||Computer Based Exam||April 2017|
|6||Answer Key||Last Week of April 2017|
|7||OMR Response Sheet availability||Last Week of April 2017|
|8||Result||April 27, 2017|
|9||Rank List||Last Week of April 2017|
|10||Counselling through JOSAA 2017||July 2017|
JEE Main 2017 Application Form: Candidates are supposed to fill the application form online .No need to submit any documents to the authorities. Candidates can see the Right Steps to fill the application form below.
Registration : Candidates have to give their Name , Email , Mobile Number etc. to complete the registration procedure for JEE Main 2017 .Candidates have to choose the Username and password for their Lon in ID and they are supposed to keep it safe for the entire duration of the JEE Main 2017 Exam process till the admission is completed.
Filling the Application Form: Candidates have to enter their JEE Main 2017 Exam Details , Board Exam Detail , Personal Details , Contact Details , Academic Qualifications , Guardian Details after log in.
- Candidates who have passed 12th class in 2015 and have appeared for improvement in 2016 in five subject should select the year in which they performed well and Candidates appearing in improvement exam 2017 should select the year of appearing as 2017.
- Candidates should choose their exam centre as per their preference from the mentioned list .The lost of exam centers is on the basis of the exam mode like-CBT or Pen and Paper.
|Details||File Format||File Size||Dimensions|
|Photograph with name and date printed below||JPEG format||4 KB||3.5cm x 4.5cm|
|Signature||1 KB||3.5cm x 1.5cm|
|Thumb Impression (Left hand)|
Candidates have to upload their photograph, left thumb impression ,signature ,it is required while online application procedure .
Note : Candidates can take and upload their right thumb impression if anyone does not have his/her left thumb impression .Candidates who do not have thumb either of right hand or left hand they can take and upload any of his/her finger impression.
Fee Payment : Candidates who are applying online can pay their fee by Credit Card or Debit Card AND Candidates who are applying offline can pay their fee in cash in the Canara /Syndicate/CICI/HDFC bank through E – Challan.
The amount of fees to be paid is:
|Details of Exam||Pen & Paper Exam||Computer Based Exam|
|For candidates appearing from exam centre in India|
|JEE (Main) Paper – I (B.E. / B. Tech.) OR JEE (Main) Paper – 2 (B. Arch./ B. Plan) only||Boys- Rs 1000 Girls – Rs 500||Boys- Rs 500 Girls – Rs 500||Boys- Rs 500 Girls – Rs 250||Boys- Rs 250 Girls – Rs 250|
|Both JEE (Main) Paper – I (B.E. / B. Tech.) And JEE (Main) Paper – 2 (B. Arch./B. Plan)||Boys- Rs 1800 Girls – Rs 900||Boys- Rs 900 Girls – Rs 900||Boys- Rs 1300 Girls – Rs 650||Boys- Rs 650 Girls – Rs 650|
|For Candidates appearing from exam centre in Colombo, Kathmandu, Singapore, Bahrain, Dubai, Muscat, Riyadh and Sharjah|
|JEE (Main) Paper – I (B.E. / B. Tech.) OR JEE (Main) Paper – 2 (B. Arch./ B. Plan) only||Boys- Rs 2500 Girls – Rs 1250||Boys- Rs 1250 Girls – Rs 1250||Boys- Rs 2500 Girls – Rs 1250||Boys- Rs 1250 Girls – Rs 1250|
|Both JEE (Main) Paper – I (B.E. / B. Tech.) And JEE (Main) Paper – 2 ( B. Arch./B. Plan)||Boys- Rs 3800 Girls – Rs 1900||Boys- Rs 1900 Girls – Rs 1900||Boys- Rs 3800 Girls – Rs 1900||Boys- Rs 1900 Girls – Rs 1900|
JEE Main 2017 Confirmation Page : When Candidates will submit the application form after that they will find a confirmation page with the details of the Candidates as in the application form .Applicants are supposed to keep this page very safe .They no need to send this confirmation page to the JEE Main 2017 authorities.
JEE Main 2017 Admit Card : Admit Card for JEE Main 2017 Exam will be available from the second week of March .Candidates have to download his/her Admit Card after downloading ,save it and then get a print out of it .Candidates who have successfully done the application procedure and have paid the fees will only be able to get their Admit Card.
- Candidates have to enter their application number and
Date of birth when they will log in.
- They will get their admit card and should get a print out of it.
- Candidates should read all the details carefully given on the admit card before getting a print out of it.\
- Candidates will find information related with them and also the Roll No and the exam schedule and his/her photograph and signature on the admit card.
- Candidates who are appearing for their Class 12th in 2017 for improvement in 2017 should enter his/her Class 12th Roll No .before downloading and printing his/her admit card.
JEE Main 2017 Syllabus : The syllabus for JEE Main Exam is issued by the authorities .All the topics given in the syllabus should be read by the students for the good preparation for JEE Main 2017 Exam .Generally it has been found that the syllabus of JEE Main Exam is a mix of the Class 11th and 12th syllabus of School Boards .Candidates who do study according to the syllabus of JEE Main 2017 Exam will be surely able to perform well in the Exam .JEE Main syllabus for Mathematics , Physics , Chemistry will be available and students are supposed to prepare from here accordingly
JEE Main 2017 Exam Pattern
|Medium for all exam centres||English and Hindi|
|Medium for exam centres in Gujarat, Daman & Diu and Dadra and Nagar Haveli||English, Hindi and Gujarati|
|Duration of exam||3 hours|
|Total No of questions||90 with 30 questions for each section|
|Total No of Marks||360|
|Sections in Question Paper||3 – Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics|
- Candidates who are appearing for offline Exam should use only Black or Blue Point Pen.
- There is only on option is true if any candidate response more than one option the answer will be consider incorrect and marks will be deducted.
- Mobile ,calculator etc are not allowed in the Examination.JEE Main 2017 Answer Key : JEE Board will announce the answer key in April just after one month of Exam .Answer key will contain the correct answer of all the questions asked in the JEE Main 2017 Exam and .Answer set for all sets of the JEE Main Exam will be announced even of the Computer based exam .Candidates who are not satisfied with the provided answer set can challenge by paying Rs.1000 per question through Debit/Credit Card or e-challan .The challan should be accompanied with proof .Candidates should also aware about that the fee is non –refundable .Candidates can apply for this ,the online application will be available for the Candidates only when answer key will be announces.
JEE Main 2017 – Copy of OMR and Calculation sheet
- Candidates will be provided OMR and Calculation sheets when they will receive an application along with a DD for Rs.500 in favour of Secretary, CBSE payable at Delhi/New Delhi from any bank.
- Candidates should write their Name, Roll no. ,Address in their application .
- Candidates should also mention his /her Name and Roll no. on the backside of the Demand Draft.
- Candidates will be sent the OMR sheets with the Calculation sheet by speed post.
- Candidates should speed post the application with Bank Draft .
- Note : This facility will be for a limited period of time.JEE Main 2017 Result :The Result of JEE Main 2017 will be announced in the month of April 2017 .When Candidates will log in the they will find the display of the result .The Result of JEE Main 2017 will include the marks of the Candidates obtained in the JEE Main Exam.
Candidates will be informed whether they are able to appear for JEE Advanced 2017 along with the criteria as specified.
JEE Main 2017 Rand List :The Ranks of the Candidates will be based on the scores obtained by the Candidates in JEE Main 2017 .The Rank list will be declared in April 2017 . The admission to NITs ,CFTIs and other Institutes will be based on the Rank obtained by the Candidates in the Exam.
JEE Main 2017 Cutoff :Cutoffs are the minimum score that is used for the admission of the Candidates and it is also important to mention here that cutoffs may be differing from institute to institute as well as the courses .The cutoffs for the 2017 will be available when result will be announced .Admissions are done by JOASAA .Some institutes are more preferred by the Candidates for example NIT Warangal ,NIT Trichy ,it is because Candidates find disciplines like Mechanical Engineering , Computer Science etc. Candidates can see the JEE Main 2016 cutoffs to understand the scores better that are needed for the admission to preferred institutes .Candidates can check the details of some top ranked institutes and disciplines on this page we have mentioned to get an understanding.
|SNo||List of top10 institutes||Cutoff|
|1||NIT Warangal||Click here|
|2||NIT Tiruchirapalli||Click here|
|3||NIT Surathkal||Click here|
|4||NIT Calicut||Click here|
|5||NIT Allahabad||Click here|
|6||IIEST Shibpur||Click here|
|7||NIT Nagpur||Click here|
|8||NIT Surat||Click here|
|9||SLIET, Longowal||Click here|
|10||NIT Rourkela||Click here|
States Allowing Admissions for Other State Students through JEE Main 2017 : Some states allow students from other states to take advantage of admissions for the B .Tech or B.E Courses .The admission process and eligibility criteria is separate for Candidates who are from other state .Candidates can check below about the details and apply.
|2||Madhya Pradesh||Click here|
Universities allowing Admissions Through JEE Main 2017 :All the universities who take the JEE Main scored for their admissions ,Candidates can check the details of the course ,application procedure ,eligibility .
|1||DTU, IIIT Delhi, IGDTUW and NSIT Through JAC Delhi 2017||JEE Main 2017||Click here|
|2||IIIT Hyderabad||JEE Main 2017||Click here|
|3||Thapar University||JEE Main 2017||Click here|
|4||LNMIIT||JEE Main 2017||Click here|
|5||Jaypee||JEE Main 2017||Click here|
|6||Shiv Nadar||JEE Main 2017 qualified and SNUSAT scores||Click here|
|7||Mahindra Ecole Centrale||JEE Main 2017 qualified||Click here|
|8||NIIT University||JEE Main 2017 or BITSAT or any State Engineering Entrance Examination or NUET||Click here|
Official Website: http://jeemain.nic.in/webinfo/Public/Home.aspx
JEE (Main)Unit Central Board of Secondary Education
Plot No.149, Block –H,
Sector -63, Noida-201309
Distt – Gautam Budh Nagar(UP)
All the information given above is based on the last year data .The information will be updated as soon as CBSE will announce it.